1. To start, select the Projects tab on the top menu.
2. This pulls up a list of your current projects. Select the project you want to edit.
3. In the Project Menu in left margin, click the Project Settings tab.
4. Next click the blue button Manage Statuses in the Document Statuses box.
5. This page shows your current document statuses and their settings. To create a new status, click the Add New Status button in the bottom left.
The following box pops up. Enter the name of the status in the first box. Click the arrow in the second box to get a choice of colors to attach to this status. The next two options lets you decide if you want to make it a competed status or a default status. A completed status cannot have any assignments or due dates. The default status will be the status of a new document unless you determine otherwise. Click Create Status when you are finished.
6. You can delete a status by click the red Delete button next to the status. If the status is currently assigned to a document, you will not able to delete.
7. You can also edit an existing status by clicking the blue Edit button next to that status.
The same box from step 5 opens up and allows you change any option you had when you created the status. Click Save Status when you are done making your changes.
If you are trying to figure out where to look now, our company CM Fusion offers a free version of Construction Project Management Software. Not to mention, our customers brag about it’s ease of use, so you should be able to sign up and start managing your projects in minutes.